Significant changes are coming to the Commercial Companies Code regarding the offer to acquire shares in a limited liability company.
The ban applies to both existing and new shares.
As of November 10, it will not be possible to attract investors by, among other things, organizing business breakfasts, incubators or startup events. Such activities, however, are still open to:
– sole proprietorships (JDG),
– joint stock companies,
– simple joint stock companies.
After the above-mentioned regulations come into force, it will be prohibited to:
– making offers to acquire shares in a limited liability company,
– promoting the acquisition of shares in a limited liability company,
– making offers to acquire new shares in a limited liability company.
The law also introduces criminal provisions related to this change.
Violation of the ban is punishable by a fine, restriction of freedom or imprisonment for up to six months.